The City Museum and The Gallery is located in The House by Synek´s, which is the best preserved representative of Renaissance buildings of the town's main square. The front facade is extending by a bay resting on two corbels and ground floor rooms are arched by barrel vault with lunettes.
The house called ”U Synků“ is today the most preserved renaissance representative building of the town square. According to preserved lining it was completed in 1579.
From the front facade protruding a bay resting on two corbels. Ground floor rooms are arched by barrel vault with lunettes. The courtyard of the house is decorated by arcaded loggia with cross vaults and a wooden walkway. On the first floor we can find rests of spiral staircase.
In the house there were located three cellars: „wet“ (today permanent wine exhibition – SVE), „dry“ (today winecellar) and a cellar at the end of the courtyard, which directed under city walls (today it is filled).
First clearly known owners are from the end of 18th century. To 1785 the house belonged to Ignatius Freudenreichovi, later to Anna Freudenreichová. From 1805 the owner was Josef Benda, since 1845 – Karel Benda, since 1856 –Antonín Janošek, since 1859 – Jan Habala, since 1872 Marie Habalová, since 1910 – Marie Neugebauerová and since 1924 – Karel and Matylda Neugebauerovi.
In 1935 Bedřich and Julie Synkovi became the owners of the historical object. They were operating a shop of drapery on the ground floor.
Bedřich Synek sold the house in May 1976 to the District National Committee in Breclav. The committee transferred the building to the city Hustopeče to be used for cultural purposes. But very neglected house was dilapidating until 1988. Total renovation of the building for 8 million CZK lasted from 1989 to 2001.
Městské muzeum a galerie
Dukelské náměstí 23, 693 01 Hustopeče
tel. muzeum: 519 413 849 | tel. galerie: 519 412 254 | tel. dokumentace: 519 411 227
e-mail: email@example.com | firstname.lastname@example.org | email@example.com
Vedoucí muzea: Mgr. Soňa Nezhodová, Ph. D.
Galerista: Bc. Michal Vejpustek
Dokumentarista: Lubomír Krůza
Městské muzeum a galerie je organizační složkou Města Hustopeče
Mon-Fri: 9:00 to 12:00 12:30 to 4:30 p.m.
Sun: 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Single admission 10 CZK
(Free for schools)
- Ticket includes
a tour of the exhibition of the city history
and the gallery.